Saturday, March 31, 2007

Chaos

Well if you have been reading my blogs you will remember last Friday was pretty crazy and to be honest I really didn't think a night could be anymore chaotic, I was wrong. Last night was insane, we had a little bit of everything from violence to underage drunks. The night started pretty slow, but around 8:30 we had our first fight of the night two girls, I kind of let that one go for a bit b/c it was kind of funny and not physical, after breaking that fight up we followed one of the girls home to make sure she made it home safely on the way we came across another incident involving a group of kids we don't normally see at the centre, to make a long story short Nathan and I stopped 5 guys from jumping another kid (I must say I was slightly on the scared side) in the end everyone was safe. As I am talking with the police officers who I must say arrived very quickly, I had to return to the centre to deal 3 girls who had come from a party and were pissed drunk and puking all over the place, I drove them home and luckily by the time I got back to the centre it was closing time! It was a chaotic night, but again it really made us (the volunteers and I) appreciate how integral Routes is to building a safe strong community! I thank God daily for those tricky situations because they tend to lead to teachable moments!

No comments: