Sunday, April 1, 2007

Why a Donkey? Because I'm an Ass

Another palm Sunday has come and for me it is a great chance for personal reflection and a time to really reflect on the importance of Easter. Today Allan preached on Jesus' triumphant procession (probably the same text that has been preached in every church by every minister every year since that glorious day). To be honest I really didn't expect to take anything new from this very familiar passage, I know I should have known better considering how many times God has done that to me over the years. Allan emphasized the importance of the Donkey, something that I thought was not overly important to the event. He discussed how the Donkey was symbolic of us before we come to a relationship with God. The Donkey in Bible times was dirty and unworthy of being sacrificed. Jesus chose the Donkey just like he chooses us. He made something that was unworthy of any status and gave it a truly prominent role carrying around a King! God has an amazing ability to turn our weaknesses into something beautiful!

This week as we approach Easter consider what God has/is or could be transforming you into!

No comments: