Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Missional Living

I am sure if you are reading this you have read my earlier blogs and know that God is calling me and I believe our Church and Christians generally into more missional living especially to those on the fringe of our society and community. Missional living is something that should come naturally as a natural expression of our faith and love for Jesus. He could be calling you to something simple, may be he wants you to talk to your neighbors and actually listen to what they say, or it may be making a meal for a struggling family in your community or some sort of random act of kindness. Philippians sums up this responsibility to missional living.

"If you have gotten anything at all out of following Christ, if his love has made any difference in your life, if being in a community of the spirit means anything to you, if you have a heart, if you care-then do me a favor: Agree with each other, love each other, be deep-spirited friends. Don't push yourself up to the front: don't sweet-talk your way to the top. Put yourself aside, and help others get ahead. Don't be obsessed with getting your own advantage. Forget yourselves long enough to lend a helping hand." (Philippians 2the message)


This type of living is difficult and I struggle with it, but I believe it is essential to strive for this consistent and authentic life!

PS I know some ppl don't like the Message but I thought it was a good paraphrase of what Paul was trying to say!

1 comment:

Missional Jerry said...

welcome to the conversation