Saturday, April 21, 2007

An eye opening Birthday

So it turns out I am a quarter century today (not that I feel any different), most years my birthdays come and go with little excitement. This year I had the amazing privilege of spending my birthday at the Cultivate Missional Living Conference @ the Freeway. The conference was an amazing opportunity to share with some other crazy Jesus follower types pursuing this idea of what the Church should look like in a Post modern world. For a guy like me who really likes to hear himself speak it was amazing to just sit back for a change and be humbled as others shared the stories of how God is moving where they are, and how they are actively impacting their various communities in a very real and authentic way. This event showed me again the importance of conversation both to affirm us in our paths, but also to impact our communities. And best of all God continued to confirm the vision he has placed on my heart.

After the conference my parents took Kristen and I out to "Tuckers Market Place" and for once I didn't eat till I puked (sorry inside joke) in all seriousness it was a great way to spend my birthday. My prayer is that God continues to challenge me in my Kingdom pursuits and that he continues to bless me with opportunities to spend time with my beautiful wife, our soon to be here baby girl and my wonderful family!

Many Blessings

No comments: