Monday, July 16, 2007

HELP WANTED!

As most of you know by now I have been exploring the possibilities of church planting. One of the first steps in planting is surrounding yourself with people who share a similar vision and who are willing to help out with the plant. I need people who are willing to be active participants. Basically I need people who are willing to join me in doing the grunt work doing the small things that go into launching a church community. Now I know many of you are probably saying I would love to be involved in some ways but I don't want to leave my current church. If thats the case and you feel God wants you where you are, you can still support spiritually and financially. If you are willing to help out by praying for the church or if you are willing to support it financially please drop me an email!

I guess the next thing I should do is let you know some of the non-negotiables about the church plant. The vision I have had for this church plant is one of a "community Hub" or a "Third place". Basically I am hoping to create a community that meets spiritual, social and physical needs. I want to create a community like we see in Acts. A group of people who come together often, who share there things when someone is in need, but most importantly they are a community that embraces the community around them with Christ's Love and Peace!

Please pray about it, and if God convicts you and you are interested I would love to meet with you for coffee. There are a lot of unknowns in this process but I know two things for sure. One I can't do it on my own and two God wants it to be done and I don't want to get in his way!!

PEACE

No comments: