Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Love

I have been thinking a lot about choices these days, especially with the baby coming. And there are lots of choices to make, what will we teach our little guy, what colour will we paint his room, how will we teach him to love Jesus. What will we do if he is rebellious? What will we do....

And as I was looking for video clips to do with choices as I prepare for my message in a couple weeks at FRWY ironically on choices, I came across this clip from Bruce Almighty. And the last line really made me think. Jim Carrey says about his ex-girlfriend, I want her to be happy and find someone that will see her the way I see her right now through your eyes (Gods eyes). Eyes of unconditional love, eyes that see the good when all we can see is the bad. I pray I will always look at my child through God's eyes!

2 comments:

Martin said...

Dude, even though I'm sure you'll driveaway with your kid on top of the car once or twice you are going to be an incredible dad. I know my sister will be an amazing mom (which really weirds me out to say) and I know that kid is going to be coming into the most incredibly loving enviroment. Not only you and Kristen either... there is so much love ready and waiting for this kid from everyone already!

Jason Dockeray said...

thanks man, that really hit the spot today! Hope all is well!