Thursday, January 10, 2008

Its been a while old friend...

So its been way to long since I last blogged. I must appologize the last couple of months well really since the summer have been amazing but insanely busy, and blogging has fallen off the things to do menu. It is my goal to stay up on my blogging and get to it at least once a week.



Anyways, since the last time I posted, I have left my position at Routes and I have officially started a one year church planting internship. For those of you who are confused about what this internship is I will give you a run down of what kinds of things I will be up to this year. First of all, and most importantly I will be shadowing Pernell Goodyear and learning the ropes of starting and pastoring an urban church. Secondly, I will be doing a ton of reading to tide me over theologically until I can afford to get a formal MA in Divinity. Thirdly, I will be taking on some pastoral roles at the Freeway helping with worship gatherings, speaking, teaching you name it, really anything that needs to be done that will benefit myself and the Freeway. Another main area of my internship will be putting together a strategic plan for where the Salvation Army should plant in the future, putting together demographics and strategies for each area, with the hope of taking that ground work and starting one of the proposed churches.



If anyone is interested in talking to me more about the internship or the future church plant(s) please don't hesitate to email me I would love to meet with anyone of you to discuss it further!



Peace

No comments: